I’m going to keep this short and sweet.
- Fast hot water – Let’s face it, that’s really the only reason for getting one of these things. Nobody likes waiting up to several minutes for the shower or sink to get warm. Why put up with inconveniences like this when a simple solution exists?
- They’re not very expensive. This one is the best option: Watts 500800 on Amazon
- Less water wasted – Some of us feel bad about wasting water, so saving 10,000 gallons a year feels nice.
- There is a net negative in terms of money. You can read my article here, but basically, be prepared to spend about $100 per year over 5 years to have on a hot water recirculation system. I say over 5 years because that includes the price of the unit itself.
- Your cold water will have a delay. That means instead of having to wait for warm water, not you’ll have to wait for cold water. These systems are a tradeoff.
- Some users report having to change the sensor valve every 2 years. Your mileage may vary.
Sooooooo….. Is it worth getting one?
Yes. 100% yes.
Which one though? Check out the list: Top 7 Hot Water Recirculation Systems